ABODE charges an application/placement fee. This fee covers the services that we perform throughout the homestay guest's stay in an ABODE homestay. These services include the following:
- Careful screening of hosts.
- Appropriate homestay placement matching the homestay guest's preferences as much as possible and within our guidelines and policies.
- An Orientation about the ABODE Homestay program.
- Complimentary airport pickup for the homestay guest only if the homestay guest is arriving alone.
- Moving the homestay guest to another homestay if necessary and within reason during the first 6 months.
- Assistance for the homestay guest and host in the case of misunderstandings or questions.
The application/placement fee is nonrefundable, except in the case of a visa denial (please refer to the online application for further information). In the event of a visa denial, you must provide proof of the denial for a visa to study in the United States. No homesstay application will be processed without payment of the application/placement fee.
A $100 deposit is due with the application/placement fee. This deposit is used as a cancellation fee for the host if the homestay guest cancels less than two weeks before arriving. If the homestay guest arrives in the homestay as planned, the $100 is paid to the host as a partial payment of the first month's homestay fee. The homestay guest is then responsible to pay the balance of the first month homestay fee to the host directly.
Monthly Homestay PaymentPLEASE NOTE: The pricing below is for homestay guests applying for long-term homestay only - at least one academic quarter.
(Please contact ABODE for short term programs and group pricing rates.)
- Homestay guests should be prepared to pay their first month's homestay fee when they arrive. You can ask your host if they prefer personal check, cashiers check, money order or cash. ABODE advices that you retain a receipt when paying in cash.
- The homestay fee for each month will be due on the date that the homestay guest arrived or placed their personal belongings in the homestay.
- If you are staying extra days at the end of your stay (not a full month), please use the Nightly Rate to calculate your payment. If you need ABODE's assistance in calculations, please contact us.
PRICING IS EFFECTIVE SPRING QUARTER (APRIL FOR CURRENT STUDENTS) 2020
Fee (May be subject to change) All Schools ABODE placement fee - Seatac airport pickup is included with this fee for the student only, if arriving alone. ($350.00)
($425 for minors)
(applied toward first month's homestay fee)
(sent with application)
($525 for minors)
$28.00 Nightly vacation rate $14.00
Bed & Breakfast Homestay
$22.15 Nightly vacation rate $11.08